Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Kudos To You! Full album details:
01-12-2014, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 08:13 PM by zeke.)
Kudos To You! Full album details:
2014 brings Kudos To You!, the 7th full length studio album from Seattle’s The Presidents Of The United States Of America. Since 1994, PUSA has been spreading their skewed and joyous brand of pop to audiences the world over.

PUSA has no idea where this album came from.

As “full-time part-timers”, PUSA had thought themselves to be “post album”, enjoying a relaxed and limited touring schedule combined with liberal hammock time. When they booked two days with their longtime producer and FOH engineer MARTIN FEVEYEAR last October there were no expectations, and no material other than Singer Chris Ballew’s notebook. WHOOPS things got out of hand, and a month later Kudos To You! was tracked, necessitating changing their annual PUSAFEST shows in Portland and Seattle to record-release shows. Zing!

Kudos To You! is a happy mix of old, new, and brand spanking new, that should hit right at the soft tissue of PUSA fans old and new. Ok, mostly old, but still it’s a fun listen and should eventually be purchased by everyone on the planet.

TRACK LISTING:
01. ELECTRIC SPIDER
02. STAY W ME
03. CRAPPY GHOST
04. POOR LITTLE ME
05. SHE’S A NURSE
06. INNOCENT BIRD
07. FINGER MONSTER
08. GOOD MORNING TYCOON
09. FLEA VS. MITE
10. CROWN VICTORIA
11. ROOFTOPS IN SPAIN
12. OHIO
13. SLOW SLOW FLY
14. TRUCKSTOP ON THE MOON

Source: http://www.planetworksent.com/searchdeta...=PWPUSA003

Slight disappointment, if Rooftops In Spain and Truckstop On The Moon are the same versions that was released as B-sides in 2009. (which you can listen on Spotify)

Only few titles that doesn't ring a bell.

CD info: http://www.sonic.nl/mailing/campaign.htm Price under 10 euros?

Support Pusabase & join iHerb - Up to $10.00 from your 1st order with discount coupon via link - Thanks!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: Kudos To You! Full album details:
Totally agree with Rooftops and Truckstop. They were rejects from TATGTP so seems a bit filler to include them on a new album.

Really looking forward to She's a Nurse, killer tune they debuted at PUSAfest in 2007 I think it was.

Very interested to hear it start to finish!
01-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Looks good to me! Even though... I still haven't decided what to think about Rooftops and Truckstop. Rooftops is a great tune that I always thought should have been on TATGTP, so I'm glad (if this list ends up being legit) it's finally on an album instead of just being a bonus track or b-side, but I really hope these songs are at least re-recorded or something. Just throwing in these two tunes, produced by a completely different guy, is going to stand out.

Also, will Electric Spider end up being a "cover" of that Feelings Hijackers song? If so.. far out! Love it! Big Grin

Other than that, I have no complaints. Definitely looks good to me. Finger Monster is awesome, can't wait to hear that in a recorded fashion. Looking forward to this album like crazy, can't wait to see the vinyl as well. Good times!
Find all posts by this user
01-13-2014, 01:54 AM
ohio ??? maybe cleveland rocks? , looking forward to february for this plus the live album plus the melbourne concert coming out somehow maybe aswell ,

loving all things pusa since 1995
01-13-2014, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2014 04:50 AM by zeke.)
(01-13-2014 01:54 AM)pusafan.net Wrote:  ohio ??? maybe cleveland rocks? , looking forward to february for this plus the live album plus the melbourne concert coming out somehow maybe aswell ,

I thought about Cleveland Rocks too. Maybe Crappy Ghost is Scrappy Puppy.. I hope not. Smile
01-13-2014, 08:58 PM
(01-12-2014 11:00 PM)ElectricSpider Wrote:  ... I really hope these songs are at least re-recorded or something. Just throwing in these two tunes, produced by a completely different guy, is going to stand out.

I'd bet they were re-recorded. It would sound pretty darn weird, and they're too pro for that. Wink
01-15-2014, 05:45 AM
(01-13-2014 08:58 PM)Zair Wrote:  
(01-12-2014 11:00 PM)ElectricSpider Wrote:  ... I really hope these songs are at least re-recorded or something. Just throwing in these two tunes, produced by a completely different guy, is going to stand out.

I'd bet they were re-recorded. It would sound pretty darn weird, and they're too pro for that. Wink

Yeah, you're right about that. PUSA are consummate professionals for sure, they wouldn't just throw an old track onto a new album. I have the utmost faith in these fellas, perhaps they'll take the tunes for a spin and do something new with them. I don't know, change the tempo perhaps, or maybe put some kind of twist on them in some way.

God, I want this album now! I haven't craved an album like this for quite some time, and it feels DAMN good! Tongue
01-15-2014, 05:48 PM
Clips of Electric Spider and Good Morning Tycoon:
http://nhpr.org/post/rocker-raffi-chris-...-babypants

Electric Spider sounds like a RHCP song. I'm not sure about the Good Morning Tycoon. Kinda needs FOAS type keyboards. Song is pretty similar to the Giraffes demo, just slightly heavier guitar sound.

Support Pusabase & join iHerb - Up to $10.00 from your 1st order with discount coupon via link - Thanks!
01-16-2014, 04:34 AM
(01-15-2014 05:48 PM)zeke Wrote:  Clips of Electric Spider and Good Morning Tycoon:
http://nhpr.org/post/rocker-raffi-chris-...-babypants

Electric Spider sounds like a RHCP song. I'm not sure about the Good Morning Tycoon. Kinda needs FOAS type keyboards. Song is pretty similar to the Giraffes demo, just slightly heavier guitar sound.

Sweet, Electric Spider IS the Feelings Hijackers song. One of my favorite TFH songs, and the namesake of my forum name. Nice to see this awesome song being turned into a PUSA-style song. It sounds damn fine.
01-21-2014, 08:59 AM
I guess I'm the only one to realize Electric Spider goes back way before The Feelings Hijackers. On Spin Sessions, one of the best old school bootlegs out there, the hostess asks Chris about his song "Electric Spider" to which he says, how did you know about that? It's after tube amplifier, around the 9:25 mark. Chris goes onto explain Electric Spider is a Chris and Dave Thiele song! (Creepy stick/ Dave and the overtones, or whatever they called themselves). And at that point of spin sessions interview, 1996, it was just an instrumental about an amusement park ride called The Octopus.

And furthermore, chris turned the chorus of electric spider into Skinnin and Grinnin, for all you subset fans. Can't wait to finally hear the PUSA version, all these years later!