Rayman Legends – PlayStation 4 – Game details, Gameplay Videos, reviews, interviews, screenshots and more info!
Updated: February 24, 2014
I was really surprised to see this with a bargain price tag on Amazon.com and Amazon UK. Our family loves the Rayman franchise. We have played the PS3 version of Rayman Legends a lot. Offers tons of stuff to collect, challenges, minigames… If you liked the previous Rayman games, this offers the same great quality. Now we need Lego games upgraded to the PS4 (Indiana Jones, Batman, Star Wars…).
“The critically acclaimed Rayman Legends is coming to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Michel Ancel, celebrated creator of Rayman, Beyond Good & Evil, and the Rabbids, is bringing his innovative creativity to next-gen consoles. The best platformer on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 of 2013 will be available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on February 25th.The Glade of Dreams is in trouble once again! During a 100-year nap, the nightmares multiplied and spread, creating new monsters even more terrifying than before! These creatures are the stuff of legend: dragons, giant toads, sea monsters, and even evil luchadores. With the help of Murfy, Rayman and Globox awaken and must now help fight these nightmares and save the Teensies!Rayman, Globox, and the Teensies are off wandering through an enchanted forest when they discover a mysterious tent filled with a series of captivating paintings. As they look more closely, they notice each painting seems to tell the story of a mythical world. While focusing on a painting that shows a medieval land, they are suddenly sucked into the painting, entering that world, and the adventure begins. The gang must run, jump, and fight their way through each world to save the day and discover the secrets of every legendary painting.”
Rayman Legends, named platformer of the year and winner of multiple artistic and musical achievements, is also coming to PS4™. Michel Ancel, celebrated creator of Rayman®, Beyond Good & Evil® and the Raving Rabbids® is bringing his innovative creativity to these platforms. Additionally, advancements in the UbiArt engine has helped pave the way for new, more detailed graphics and lighting.
Rayman, Barbara, Globox, and the Teensies are off wandering through an enchanted forest when they discover a mysterious tent filled with a series of captivating paintings. As they look more closely, they notice each painting seems to tell the story of a mythical world. While focusing on a painting that shows a medieval land, they are suddenly sucked into the painting, entering the world, and the adventure begins. The gang must run, jump and fight their way through each world to save the day and discover the secrets of every legendary painting.
- 4-Player Co-op Gameplay: up to 4 players can play at once. At any time if someone wants to leave or join in, the game will continue without interruption.
- Auto-Murfy mode: A specific button on the controller allowing you to give orders to Murfy as you continue playing with your classic characters (Rayman or any of his friends).
- Online Challenges: Connect with your friends through a variety of challenges that will test your skill and speed. Check the leaderboards to see where you rank around the world.
- Rayman Rocks!: Jump to the beat of a drum, punch to the bass line, even zip-line during a guitar sustain. Timing and rhythm are the key to beat these maps set to music. See if you have what it takes to become a Platforming Hero.
- 3D Boss Battles: The bosses have a big advantage over Rayman’s gang… an extra dimension! Dragons and other epic creatures can attack from all angles, so you’ll have to be on top of your game to defeat them.
- UbiArt Engine Advancements: The UbiArt engine has expanded its abilities to now include 3D gameplay elements, a new lighting design, and a new rendering system which take Rayman’s award-winning graphics to the next level.
- The Award-Winning Team Is Back: The legendary team of decorated artists, designers and composers are teaming up again to create new worlds, new characters and a new soundtrack.
- Additional Next-Gen Content: Thanks to the PS4 capabilities, there won’t be any loading between each map. Players will be able to scratch lucky tickets thanks to the touch pad of the PS4 controller and also make and share their own screenshots and videos to the community. They will also be offered the possibility to play Rayman Legends with their PS VITA when the TV is off. Last, the Assassin’s Creed costume will be available.
Developer: Ubisoft Montpellier
Other platforms: Nintendo Wii U, PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation3, Xbox 360, Xbox One,
Release date: February 18, 2014
Where to buy?:
Videos: Gameplay, trailers, demos
Here’s video collection of more interesting videos about this game:
Rayman Legends – PS4 & Xbox One Announcement Trailer:
PS4 – Rayman Legends Gameplay:
Reviews and previews:
Review: Rayman Legends next-gen offers little reason to double-dip – computerandvideogames.com
Rayman Legends PS4 Review: Gorgeous – gamezone.com
Rayman Legends PS4/Xbox One review – gamesradar.com
Rayman Legends (PS4) Review – ztgd.com
Rayman Legends Review – Higher Definition platforming – lazygamer.net
Rayman Legends Review (PlayStation 4) – arcadesushi.com
Next-Gen Face-Off: Rayman Legends – eurogamer.net
Rayman Legends: PS4 vs. Xbox One Comparison:
Interviews, videos & Other:
Collection of interviews and other interesting videos & links.
Rayman Legends Next-Gen Secrets Revealed – blog.ubi.com
Rayman Legends: interview of the studio, questions from the community – community.eu.playstation.com
List of Playstation 4 games:
Click here for list of PS4 games with details.
Vitacost and iHerb coupon – Save money!:
Save money from your supplement shopping. Vitacost gives you $10.00 OFF from your first order (orders over $30.00). Get your $10.00 Vitacost coupon via this link.
Badlands admin is a huge Bruce Springsteen (obviously) and a music fan from Finland.. Avid coffee drinker. Every blog post requires plenty of coffee. What else…Oh. I wrote a book called “How Bruce Springsteen’s Music Saved My Life: The Story of a Bullied Boy“. It’s available on major eBook stores like Amazon Kindle, Google Play, iTunes…